Oil Free Compressors
FS-Curtis Eco Scroll oil-free air compressors are ISO 8573-1 CLASS 0 certified compressors which are energy efficient, easy to operate and maintain, quiet and save space in your facility. A failure of components in an oil-injected compressor can result in oil contamination which will cause expensive damage to downstream products and processes. Because the ECO series requires no oil, it delivers Class 0 clean and efficient compressed air, meaning that there is no risk of oil contamination or the expenses associated with it.
Some Companies are founded on hard work Others Are Founded on Ideals FS Curtis was founded on Both FS Curtis the best in reciprocating, rotary, and oil-free compressors. Assembled in St. Louis since 1854
FS-Curtis introduces the ECO Series Clean Oil Free Air Compressors
St. Louis, MO. March 14, 2017-
FS-Curtis., a leading manufacturer of reciprocating and rotary air compressors since 1854 is proud to introduce the new ECO Series Oil Free Air Compressors.
FS Curtis Eco Scroll oil-free air compressors are ISO 8573-1 CLASS 0 certified compressors which are energy efficient, easy to operate and maintain, quiet and save space in your facility. A failure of components in any oil-injected compressor can result in oil contamination which will cause expensive damage to downstream products and processes. ECO series requires no oil, it delivers Class 0 clean and efficient compressed air, which means that there is no risk of oil contamination or the expenses associated with it.
The Eco-Series has many advantages to assist with new ecological and technological challenges faced by many types of business that require compressed air needs. Some of advantages are:
- Environmentally friendly Class-0 clean and efficient air
- No oil contamination, designed to meet ISO8573-1
- Approved and certified by TÜV Rheinland® (Germany)
- Small footprint, modular design
dbA Shield Noise Reduction
- Extremely quiet operation (as low as 56 dbA)
- Very low vibration level (5 mm/s or less)
- To be installed where quiet setting is important
- Higher reliability - Fewer moving parts
- Exclusive Eco-Series scroll airend
- High Efficiency TEFC motor
- Maintenance friendly
Compressed air requirements have changed drastically as industries push to become ecologically friendly. The Eco Series can help customers in a multitude of different industries meet these changing regulations/requirements:
- Medical (breathing air source*, operating surgical tools)
- Dental (air tools will come in direct contact with the patient)
- Pharmaceutical (fermentation, conveying, mixing, control, powdering, dehydration and vaporization)
- Laboratories (universities, control air, lab air, petrochemical)
Food and Beverage
- Fermentation, Conveying, Dehydration,
- Packaging, bottling, cleaning, filling and capping
- Air sparging/sprinkling
- Assembly, cleaning
- N2 replacement with CDA (clean dry air)
- Oxygen and nitrogen generation
Automotive Painting (Point of use)
- High quality painting, alleviates costly repairs due to oil carry over
*Must be used with approved clean up equipment
About FS-Curtis/CURTIS-TOLEDO, Inc.
Since 1854, FS-Curtis has been designing and manufacturing solutions for industry. The FS-Curtis Air Compressors brand continues to be the symbol of quality and excellence in the design and manufacture of air compressors. Dedicated to customers and loyal distributors, our brand names are synonymous with Legendary Reliability since 1854. FS-Curtis is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified.
If you would like more information about this product, please visit www.fscurtis.com or contact Darryl Frierson at 314.383.1300 or email at email@example.com.
How One Food Processing Plant Saved $150.000 Annually
According to the Advanced Manufacturing Office in the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), American industries spend $5 billion annually on compressed air. In the case of food plants, costs are not documented, leaving compressed air systems principal candidates for waste and abuse.
Follow these 5 steps to save your food processing plant enough money by the end of the year that you'll be glad you took five minutes to read this article.
- Examine and analyze your compressed air system
Note all the uses of compressed air in the plant and all the air compressors available by enlisting the help of engineers and technicians, and then:
Conduct a self-audit of your compressed air system
There are 10 most important targets to evaluate in a compressed air system audit:
- Estimate actions to repair deficienciesCorrect the problems that are the least expensive to repair. Using a Pareto diagram can be useful to help separate the “critical few” deficiencies from the “trivial many” possibilities that are available. For example, the Pareto diagram is shown in figure 1, where the solution for the problem is listed on the X-axis (Improvement). The Y-axis (Savings) shows the estimated savings (less costs) that would result from repairing the problem. Projects shown in the tallest bars should be choosen for implementation.
Figure 1: Pareto diagram helps to select the most effective actions.
- Implement the best solutionsAfter identifying the best alternatives in step three, it is time to execute. Beware that some processors postpone taking action because of time constrains, but it may be worthy to hire extra help to carry out recommended solutions right away. Every action should be measurable in terms of cost and savings.
- Track resultsAll solutions that were implemented should be reviewed regularly to ensure that the results are as expected, or to find out if something has changed or requires additional attention. Once recommnded changes are made, then the five-step process can be repeated to double check yourself.
If you think your company could benefit from having a compressed air system audit performed, viist this link to find a distributor in your area to inquire about scheduling an audit. You can also call our toll free number to talk with a customer service rep about locating an FS-Curtis distributor in your area: 800-925-5431.
Click icons to download product literature for compressors used in the food processing industry.
Check out this article: Food industry factory saves $154.000 in annual energy costs, to see how one plant was able to save over $150.000 annually in energy costs.